On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Daniel Silverstone
<dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 13:38:22 -0800, Russell Haley wrote:
>> I was looking for more info on garbage collection and I can't navigate to the
>> lua-users.org website due to a certificate error. As I am on a Blackberry
>> Passport running bb10, I don't expect anyone else is having this issue.
>>
>> The error is that the domain name lua-users.org does not match the certificate
>> domain name of pepperfish.net‎.
>
> This is because lua-users.org isn't meant to be available over https and the
> shared hosting server thus provides the default certificate instead.
>
> I can't do anything about this unless I'm given certificate and keys for
> lua-users.org or if the lua-users.org DNS is moved to Pepperfish then I can
> turn on automatic letsencrypt support.
>
> D.
>
> --
> Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
> PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69

Thanks Daniel,

My problem seems to stem from viewing the site based on searches from
Bing in my BB10 browser. The links provided are all HTTPS and the
browser claims "this website has HTTP Strict Transport Security
enabled". If you can verify that lua-users.org doesn't have that
enabled, (which you more or less have done already in your reply) then
I'll send a request to the bing site.

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but perhaps the site an
force/re-direct a connection to downgrade from https to http (like
forcing it up to https)?

Russ