The Mark and Nabble archives are very useful but one big advantage of a forum is you can answer even way after the thread has ended.  This happens a lot on stackoverflow and is super useful, because some questions never age but the solutions do. Plus the quality of an answer can be voted which helps save time for future readers. AND you would still get emails in your inbox just the way you do now so what are the negatives again?

Once you set it up there should be no more work necessary than was required to setup the original lua-l server. And there is no need to give up on lua-l, but a core group of lua experts would at least have to agree to sign up and answer in good faith. Surely there are a few of you open to trying if you have no work to do but (because I will do the setup) to subscribe and respond the same way you do on this list?

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016, 08:28 Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
Geoff Smith wrote
> In my opinion it would be so much better to move to a message board
> format. Here are a couple of Python examples
>
> http://www.python-forum.org/, http://python-forum.io/.
> &lt;http://python-forum.io/&gt;

Isn't that was Nabble [1] already does?

Thijs