On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 02:04PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> > On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 12:46PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> >> - new semantics for empty matches ("Python rule")
> >
> > I'm just catching up on the list, and I'm not familiar with previous
> > discussion about this. I'm also not familiar with Python or its semantics
> > for empty matches.
> >
> > If anyone could point me to previous discussion or explain this change
> > a bit more fully, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Not the first, but quite a long thread:

Thank you. So after reading that thread, I see that I (unknowingly)
followed the same path as LPEG: my split module[1] makes it illegal to
match the empty string. If you run that thread's standard example
`split(';a;', 'a*')`, it errors out.

I'll need to think about what to do going forward.

Thanks again, Peter

[1] https://luarocks.org/modules/telemachus/split