On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:34 PM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> That being said, static checkers like luacheck or lglob are pretty good at finding these kinds of errors...

As a theoretical exercise, yes. In practice, YMMV. My practical concern has to do with Lua script writers who are not programmers by trade. Lua is great for such users, but I cannot expect that such users would really be using any sort of static analysis tools if they are optional. If they are mandatory, then I cannot expect those non-programmer types to get anywhere without constant babysitting.

Cheers,
V.