Hi,
I sometimes wonder: does the core team maybe have some plans to
potentially add optional static (compile-time) typing to *core* Lua in
a future version? (e.g. integration of the work by André Murbach
Maidl, or something similar?) Or, is it maybe opposite, e.g. this is
an explicit non-goal for the team? or is it e.g. "would like, but low
on the list"?

Sorry if the question is asked too often or something, but I don't
recall seeing it, and it really bugs me, so I decided I'll let myself
finally articulate it publicly.

Thanks,
/Mateusz.