On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> I don't think those should be in the Lua standard library though, and
> they take so little code in pure Lua that they do not really make sense
> in a separate module.

There is a definite cognitive overhead in having lots of little
modules.  They will typically come from a range of sources, probably
using incompatible documentation techniques. It then becomes easier to
just maintain steve.utils and pierre.utils ;)

Microlight was an attempt by Jay, Dirk and myself to create something
small yet useful, as a reaction against kitchen-sink libraries. The
idea was 'the most useful hundred functions'. Very hard to agree on
that ;)