On 31 January 2016 at 16:25, Nagaev Boris <bnagaev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose the following solution. Broken / unmaintained rocks and Lua
> packages without a rock are reported to
> https://github.com/keplerproject/luarocks/issues Those volunteers who
> has time, convert them into rocks and upload to the LuaRocks server.

No, please, the LuaRocks bug tracker is for reporting bugs in LuaRocks
(the tool itself).

Likewise, https://github.com/leafo/luarocks-site/issues is for
reporting issues in the workings of the LuaRocks.org website (not the
rocks).

* Report broken rocks to their maintainers.
* Unmaintained rocks are, sadly, unmantained, and are available for
taking over — if someone is willing to take one up, please contact us
at the luarocks-developers mailing list.
* If one considers that a packages without a rock is an issue, one can
report to the issue tracker of that package. If the package authors
are not willing to pack a rock themselves, then the issue remains
open, and maybe some other user of the package who also wants a rock
will pick that issue up and fix it.

-- Hisham