On 01/16/2014 02:35 PM, cad_2009@gmx.com wrote:
[...] for at least 10-15 years Lua has been immensely popular, but that was only
> as glue language and as an embedded language [...]
But now, things seem to have changed. [...]
> lumail [2], a minimalist console-based email client scripted in Lua

I took a quick look at lumail, and it seems to be almost 100% C++, with just the user's configuration file as a Lua script (albeit the config file contains all of the keybindings). I'm not knocking it, it looks great, maybe I'll even try it... but I really don't see it as an example of a trend from "glue/embedded" to "written in Lua".