> I have previously implemented Lua 5.1 on processors/compilers with no
> floating point. That is LUA_NUMBER is int and no mathlib. I recall
> that it was not too difficult.
>
> Is an integer only Lua possible with Lua 5.3?

If you never use real numbers in Lua, you won't pay any price for
processing floating point. If your C compiler does not understand float
or double, not even if they are implemented in software and are slow, it
is not a ANSI C compiler.

But you can try defining LUA_NUMBER to be say long and see what happens.
I'd like to hear your experience with that.