On Apr 9, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Dimitris Papavasiliou wrote:

> You might find some of the material here of interest:
>
> http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/cvpub.html

Here is another list:

http://www.lua.org/docs.html#papers

"The Evolution of Lua"
http://www.lua.org/doc/hopl.pdf

All good reads.

As far as Lua itself goes, I personally like its small footprint, minimalistic approach and focus on simple, but powerful, mechanisms.

At a more practical level, I like the BYO [1] approach to Lua development, where one assembles just the right level of functionalities for a given problem domain, as opposed to the kitchen-sink approach of other platforms.

The fact that there is no batteries included with Lua, is, paradoxically, one of its great strength.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYOB_(acronym)