@ Ignacio Burgueño:
SOCDOS is a simple char(3).

Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev:
I would do that. How could I print/log the actual code? I do not know C. Shall I need a C compiler?

Actually the driver is 32 bit driver of DataDirect Connect for ODBC for Oracle 8.1.6 (this version is not supported by Oracle for Windows 7) and I have no support for the DataDirect driver yet as the support period is already over. :(  (Pure me.)
So everything is identical except the OS that changed to 64 bit. I can use the ODBC with other programs (eg. MS Office) without problem.