Gopalakrishnan Subramani <gopalakrishnan.subramani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Lua runs inside Android Java runtime?

You can run LuaJ in an Android VM:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/

You just need to convert the .jar to run on the Android Dalvik VM.
This is the same process as with other regular Java libraries.  The
end result may not be as fast as other methods, but it would live
entirely inside the Java world.

Others have mentioned other means of running Lua on an Android phone.
Were I to do some serious Lua development on Android, I'd probably
start with the ASE project mentioned elsewhere, or else use one of the
game frameworks if the project was a game.

James Graves