There is a scripting enviornment for Android written by someone at Google...

http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/

While I only installed it just recently, it does claim that you can
create standalone apps for Android that is basically a wrapper for
your script. It does support multiple language, and Lua is one of
them.

Mike