On 26/11/2010 7.29, steve donovan wrote:
The other issue is that there needs to be a repo for pre-compiled
versions of the most popular packages - I don't know what the
LuaBinaries project feels about that?

Ideally (for Windows) with versions for the major system DLLs: MSVCRT, the latest VC version and (possibly) cygwin.

Also, removing the need to have VC to just add a library, and at least making it possible to _easily_ build it with an open source compiler, would be quite useful.

<dream>
A website where the user chooses a lib, a Lua version, an OS, a C runtime (for Windows)... and the module is compiled on the fly (and cached, of course).
</dream>

(all the above is easy to say as I'm not offering to do it :-))

--
  Enrico