On 3 Aug 2007, at 05:32, Tony Finch wrote:

See paragraph 5 of section 2.8 of the reference manual. Only tables and
userdata have per-value metatables. The other metatables are per-type.

Hmm, I think I just figured out what went wrong yesterday.

I was trying to create a Lua interface for a couple of C++ classes. I was using lightuserdata to represent the C++ pointer. The first one worked fine. Adding the second C++ class broke the first. I guess what I was doing was setting the metatable for any lightuserdata.

(Yes, I know there are things like toLua out there. I was working through this by hand to try to really understand things. Which obviously I still don't!)

David Dunham       Development Manager
+1 206 926 5722      GameHouse Studios