--- PA <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:
> if such socket.io package existed, one could swap it
> seamlessly with
> the standard file based io library and pretty much
> turn any regular Lua
> code into a network ready application...
>
> Just a though...

yes, that is basically what I want too such that I can
plug it onto my xyssl binding. Or in your case, the
stdin/stdout from tcp server/inetd/xinetd.

for unix pipe, I have written a small module(lua plus
a C module for the select()/fcntl() function) to
simulate the luasocket behaviour.

http://tv.yahoo.com/