Patrick Donnelly wrote:

[snip]

My problem is this works fine for English, but when I use this for a German locale I receive the error: Invalid Capture Index. I'm really confused about what is going wrong here, mostly because I don't understand this error.

Is the code you have shown the exactly same code that gives an error?
Please try the following (with Lua 5.1) and see if the error persists:

  print (("Dave goes to Britain"):match"(%w+) goes to (%w+)")

--
Shmuel