Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
This can be easily done in luaconf.h with the proper #defines.

Not for all functions. I think switching between fopen and fopen_s for example can't be done with a #define (of what I remember).
I think the proper attitude to this new MS attempt to overtake a standard and make it proprietary is to simply ignore it.
If someone still wants to use the secure CRT, he should simply disable the warnings for the external libraries used in his project.

Regards,
Ivan

P.S. I suppose message threading is broken when replying to the digest, for which I apologize (but I guess there's no way to get around that).