Mildred wrote:
Your class functions seems very interesting ...
What about including a such function into the standard library ? in the
next release of the language.

I really like using lua, it's simple, it's small, i've heard it's also
fast. But I always have to redefine some basic functions like this
one, ... It would be really great to have these functions included in
the standard library.

What's the big deal? That's the joy of reusable software - you write it once, then merely use the same code in each project.

I can tell you for free that I'd be aggravated if any of the class systems floating around the list were made language standard - to my mind, they're trivially basic, and deeply wanting for functionality. As such, I'd dyke out the standard one and replace it with the company standard one we've been using for a couple of years now. It'd also introduce support problems because I'd have to fend off new users with experience expecting them to be there.

--
Lisa