On Monday 07 February 2005 08:08, Diego Nehab wrote:
> You actually agreed with me.
truly

> not my business as a MIME library writer.
but you would be willing to return both the
charset (name) and decoded text from
encoded-word = "=?" charset "?" encoding "?" encoded-text "?="

Then all is tremendous!

Well, no, actually it's very nasty as you have to chunk such headers;
they can even contain multiple different charsets :/
Hmm, maybe passing an optional recode(charset, bytes) function to be
called on every such chunk would make for a reasonable interface?

> Depending on the number of Euros you donate
just enough =?ISO-8859-15?q?=A4?= for a caipirinha at the
CDS/ISIS meeting in Salvador de Bahia end of september :)

> my mind and argue for the opposite idea... :)
nah!