Sampson, Clay wrote:

why is it that C++ programmers seem so squeamish about doing this?

It is because we are lazy :). It is easier to #include "c-header.h"
wherever we need it than it is to remember which headers need extern "C"
around them and which do not.

I hope I did not contribute to the C vs. C++ wars here :)

Heh, sure :P
You don't have to remeber, and can sure be lazy too.. you only need some structure at work
by making your own c++ wrapper headers once for each c lib you use. When that's done, forget
all about it and be as lazy as #include "lua.hpp"

// Andreas