Jay Carlson wrote:
Why is this interesting?  Trees are a natural data model to process
XML documents.  A simple tree implementation reads the entire document
into memory at once.  For large documents, this can be too expensive.
Although callback and event APIs are memory-efficient, they are
painful to program to.

Lazynode constructs an conventional-seeming XML tree as its contents
are referenced, parsing more source document as necessary to fill out
the contents on demand.

I understand how this could save memory in a Lua table represent ion of an XML document. The "parsing more source document as necessary" is arguable. I've found it best to run an XML document through a validator like relax-ng before using it, relieving my program from the task of ad-hoc validation. Considering this, the XML often has already been parsed before your program gets to it.

-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/