There's a standard way to do this:

./configure --help

Installation directories:
--prefix=PREFIX install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
                          [/usr/local]
--exec-prefix=EPREFIX install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX
                          [PREFIX]

By default, `make install' will install all the files in
`/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/lib' etc.  You can specify
an installation prefix other than `/usr/local' using `--prefix',
for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.

-ak

Florian Berger kirjoittaa sunnuntaina, 15. helmikuuta 2004, kello 00:22:

The problem is that I don't have any rights to put anything to /usr/local
directory. Can I somehow change the default installation directory?

Floru