Martin Spernau wrote:
> The reason I haven't looked into IUPLua yet is a lack (?) of examples,
> but maybe I haven't looked hard enough...

Martin, in the manual you can find examples in Lua of all IUP controls.

Just go to the Controls section, pick whatever control you would like
to see working and look at the bottom of its page. You find complete
examples both in C and Lua.

If you download IUP executable files from Tecgraf's download center,
you should be able to execute all Lua examples found in the manual.

IUP Manual:

  http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup

Download:

  http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/download