> > Which still does not do what you want. It is not possible to produce 2
> > different copies of the same string in Lua.

One thing which worries me slightly is potential speed issues.

Does Lua *really* go out of its way to make sure that if I do:

a = "Hello"
b = "World"

c = "Hello World"

Then the storage for c and d are the same memory?

If so, then I hope there's a way to turn this off because it seems to me
to be a hideous performance issue.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited