- There are several runnable samples with the gluax distribution. Can you launch 'out_gcc/gluahost tests.lua' and does it run ok? Which platform are you working on?

- There isn't (currently) a way in gluax to launch lua code from within C modules. This is intentional, but can be changed if you show good reason for it. :)

- You can use gluax either statically or dynamically. Dynamic linkage is the default since Gluax is primarily intended for making lua-version-independent plugin modules. For static linkage, use -DGLUA_STATIC in compilation.

If by 'setting up' you mean installation, just unzip, and start to use. Win32 binaries should be there, Linux and OS X need compilation (release notes has more info).

Btw, If you're using the project files under 'Project/MSC' and so forth, be prepared that they might not be up-to-date. Gluax now uses SCons.lua scripts as makefiles, and that has really turned out to be a superior way of building stuff. Highly recommended (for any project!).

-ak

David Kosenina kirjoittaa torstaina, 1. toukokuuta 2003, kello 11:43:

Helo

I wont to use GluaX to read a variable or table from LUA
or to call simple function from LUA.

Q1) Haw can I execute Test.lua? In GluaX there isnt eny lua_dofile("Test.lua")!

Q2) Haw do I setup GluaX? DO I have to include LUA as well or not?

Q3) When I compile the compiler says:
Creating library /Debug/Lua.lib and object Debug/Lua.exp
Why?? Does GluaX need to build library before runtime?

I would realy like to learn GluaX. It is a very simple glue to lua C API right?
I wish it is. :-)

Bye

http://www.email.si/