>A quick search through the archives : http://lua-users.org/cgi-
>bin/namazu.cgi?query=lua+5+changes&sort=score&idxna me=lua-l&max=20
>gives some very good strting points (Lua 5 beta announcement, Lua 5
>alpha announcement)

Agreed, but that means that someone really has to know about the
mailing list and be willing to search it and build up a gestalt
understanding of the changes and differences based on multiple
threads.

A simple summary would seem to be easy for someone "in the know" to
put together and simply put on a page with a link to the actual
download.

Brian