On 2002/11/25 18:19:54, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> * Do you use tolua? If not, do you use any other wrapper?

No and no.
So far, I did only wrappers around some Win32 functions, and a small
library (DLL), all by hand, the way it is done in lualib.

I didn't had time to take a look at tolua and frankly, I am a bit wary at
using code generators... More a prejudice than anything else, mind you.

I like the flexibility and precision of manual binding, I can make the
functions behave the way I want, fine grain for parameter checking,
returning multiple values, etc. Now, perhaps tolua is as flexible, I just
don't know it.

I suppose if I had to create wrapper around large libraries, I would use
it, if I have a strong deadline or if manual binding is really too
repetitive or boring...

> * Do you use tolua for C or C++?

Currently, I mostly use Lua in C. Not a lot of code yet.

> * What features do you miss in tolua?
>
> * How could tolua be improved?

Can't really answer, but having to create specific files put me off a
little, unless it has weak binding to the application. Using special
comments is the way I like.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)