> I'd like access to the 5.0 libraries.  My application scripting will be
> based solely on Lua 5.0.

Can you offer any help with the port? I won't have much interest in
5.0-compatible libraries until I decide to use 5.0 at work. I've already
got code about to go into production on 4.0, and while migrating it won't
be hard, it might take a few months, especially to be sure of the quality
of the 5.0 implementation.

Porting the libraries won't be hard, and neither will keeping the 4.0 and
5.0 branches in sync as long as the 4.0 one is wanted, but I am not going
to maintain them both.

--
http://www.mupsych.org/~rrt/ | perfect, a.  unsatirizable