Hello,

I've been reading the comments on the "global" declaration with some
interest. Many folks seem to have mixed feelings about it. Personally I
don't think I can make any important judgements until I've actually used a
version of Lua that contains the keyword. My suggestion would be to put
out a version (alpha, work, whatever) of the language that includes the
global declaration and give everyone a chance to play with it. After a few
months we'll have a much better idea of its usefulness, power, and costs.

   - Tom Wrensch