Pardon me if this is an incredible newbie question - because I am an
incredible newbie.

I was just trying to figure out if it is possible to unload functions within
a lua_state. I load a series of functions with lua_dofile. I then call those
functions from C++ (yes, I am using LUA for game scripting). That works
fine. But based on the nature of my app, I know exactly when many of those
functions are no longer necessary. So, in the interest of saving memory I
wanted to be able to unload the functions that are no longer necessary (and
of course load in new functions instead). An obvious solution is that I can
do a lua_close and then open another state which uses only the functions I
need, but I was wondering if there was a more elegant way of accomplishing
this.
--
Paul Sherman               paul@wxp3d.com
Technical Director, WXP    +1.206.287.9146 x213