Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I completely missed that statement in
the documentation.  Sorry!

Not to be a pest, but I assume this means that not only is the object code
portable, but numeric representation is as well.  If I have the Lua
statement...

     x = 3.14

...then I assume I don't have to worry about potentially different floating
point representations?

By the way, thanks to you and the others for creating Lua!  It's a very
nice little language, and packs quite a lot of power without a big
footprint.  I was at first afraid to embed it in our application (an
Ethernet switch product), but seeing where else Lua is being used, and
actually playing with it convinced me this is a fine language for scripting
our application.