> I'd like to take this occasion to point out that, in my own
> experience, some of the most troublesome errors are typos in
> identifiers.

Right.  Typos leada to all kinds of spooky things in Lua like not finding
functions and defining new global variables.

Extremely dynamic languages are just hard to define and use for large
projects.  Having some sort of typo checking facility woudl help.  I
suppose one could build-in some kind of token checking as you describe
which would warn you it two tokens in your source were almost the same,
but then I guess 'x' and 'c' would be almost the same.

Russ