>I share your feelings about the `continue` keyword

... although I am "super-happy" with Lua, so I have a "slightly" bad
conscience to contribute to such a "somehow sacrilegic" "we want more"
discussion:

If you want to avoid a new reserved word like "continue" in Lua, you
could also consider to allow a construct like "goto do" or "goto
repeat" - I think this would be unique without creating "language
ambiguities" and would NOT require any NEW reserved word... .