Hello there,

I noticed that with the iOS 11 SDK the "system" command has been removed completely after years of deprecation.

In fact the current error message is:

lua/src/loslib.c:143:14: error: 'system' is unavailable: not available on iOS
  int stat = system(cmd);

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.0.sdk/usr/include/stdlib.h:195:6: note: 'system' has been explicitly marked unavailable here

int      system(const char *) __DARWIN_ALIAS_C(system);

Of course I can patch my local LUA version to avoid this but it would be nice to have this upstream so that the next version of LUA will keep working on iOS.

Is there anyone working on this?

Cheers!

Valerio Santinelli