On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Redefine the global 'ipairs' (pl.pretty does not cache it locally)

I have mixed feelings about this - on the one hand, it's flexible, and
on the other, it's a recipe for chaos. I know that we are not so
tolerant of monkey patching as the Rubyists!  But the problem here is
more of consistency, because I _do_ cache common calls in most other
places. A reasonably elegant compromise is to always cache, and
therefore modification must take place before any PL module is loaded.