On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Etiene Dalcol <dalcol@etiene.net> wrote:
> A foundation does not have to be useful for everyone. If it's useful for
> someone, then it is already useful. And just because Lua has being doing
> fine without a foundation, it also doesn't mean a foundation isn't useful or
> needed. A foundation can still add value. Good things can improve. And there
> are many needed things that are out of the scope of LabLua.

This is very sensible - it doesn't have to take away the freedom to
embed and extended (which is Dibyendu's anxiety).

I think the demise of the Kepler project left a void at the heart of
Lua-as-platform - it's most durable result is LuaRocks, but that's a
Hisham-plus-merry-band project now.

Kepler finished because there was no longer funding. Organization
needs funding - what might that mechanism be?