On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a suggestion to allow using of non-escaped newlines
> in literal strings delimited by single or double quotes.

I don't see the need for such a feature.

I don't see a new feature here.
It is just removing of unneeded syntax prohibition (inherited from C).
I think that Lua parser will become a bit simpler.
A programmer will get a bit more freedom.

It is funny that even binary zero is allowed inside literal strings,
but not binary newline.
print(load("return 'A\0B' ")():byte(1,-1))  -->  65   0   66