On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> For versions that are guaranteed to have no further releases, I would
>> appreciate the versions page label the release as "final".
>
> That's an idea. Thanks.

A "final" release to me means that it is "finalized". As in, it's a
frozen release after all tests/release candidates.

If we want a word for a version which no longer will be supported, I
suggest "unsupported" as that is fairly common in software and has
clear intent. [Although the word implies that other versions have some
kind of support, which is not really true.]

--
Patrick Donnelly