On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Viacheslav Usov <via.usov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With mingw -Wl,-E makes this happen as well.
>
> Is that something that you know (rather than just think) will work?

Of course, you _do_ have to rebuild all your DLLs to refer to the
symbols from the executable; that's indeed the big difference.  I know
this works, because if an application like SciTE which embeds Lua is
allowed to export its symbols, it can load modules, recompiled against
SciTE.exe.

The other approach is to build a fat executable with modules
statically compiled, like I do with the luabuild project.

steve d.