After some consideration, I think you should allow passing light
userdata, but remark that they're explicitly unsafe (maybe require it
be allowed via a compilation flag?). Light userdata are after all just
(void *), which means they're really uintptr_t's, i.e. scalars, and so
all of the normal caveats of passing around a C pointer already
applies to them. One could after all imagine a function that does "x =
* (double *) &y;" being used to pass light userdata as numbers.