He wishes the app was running at a sustained 4 instructions/clock/core... :-P

Or, he hopes someone else would do the hard work of making a cache-aware GC...

[intended as good-natured ribbing, let us be able to keep things slightly loose...:-p]

Well..., I take back my words about "not-so-great Lua GC". Lua's GC is great. I read all the GC code of Lua5.1/5.2/5.3. Its authors put great effort to improve it and I like the elegant implementation. what I mean is it can be made faster for my server application.