From: steve donovan
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:27 PM
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Are Leistad <aleistad@telia.com> wrote:
>> As we know it's possible to use lua_resume() with lua_sethook() to get
>> cooperative timeslicing of sorts for a Lua thread, and even implement
>> multiple threads with a Lua script. Of course it's not particularly
>> efficient, and the execution of the global state can't be timesliced
>> in this way.
>
> But how this is different from Lua coroutines with an appropriate scheduler?

The first paragraph is talking about that, if I understand you correctly(?) I even use this to great effect in an application where performance isn't critical.

As the posting goes on to talk about, I'm thinking about a general mechanism to cooperatively timelice the VM itself from the host environemt, potentially by “simply” calling luaV_execute() for N instructions at a time by using something like the example I gave ( lua_pollvm(...) ).

Denne e-posten er fri for virus og uønsket programvare fordi avast! Antivirus beskyttelsen er aktiv.