On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 06/06/2014 08:40, Coroutines a écrit :

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM, David Demelier
<demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you please stay polite?
I don't see what's impolite about that.  Firstly, acronyms are usually
written in capital letters -- I don't think he was "shouting".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM :

- Read The F-cking Manual
- Read The Fine Manual
- Read The Friendly Manual
- Read The Flaming Manual

(take your pick)

Any of these fit the acronym, so why choose one that offends you?
Kind of makes you a glass-half-empty sort of person  :o)

Everybody knows that RTFM is the original acronym of "read the fucking manual". We are on a friendly-list where explanations are better than just links thrown on faces.

It's all good. I agree that we should stay polite. Dirk most likely interpreted my question along the lines of "Is it supposed to work like this?" and in that context, it's awfully lazy of me to just pop onto the mailing list and bug other people like that. Had I taken more time, as I should have, the meaning would have been clearer.

And of course, that's no excuse for being rude. Dirk is Dirk. He's one of the personalities on the list and asking him to be nice *all of the time* is like asking him to go away. I would hate to see that happen.

All of us need grace, every now and again, but especially Dirk. ;)

-Andrew