Hi,
        I tried building Lua 5.2.3 using mingw to get the static library. I included all the source files except lua.c and luac.c. What is supposed to be the static and dynamic library sizes?

Here is what I got:
Eclipse windows:
.a - 1808KB
.dll - 1802KB

mingw using code:blocks on the same windows system as above:
.a - 177KB
.dll 538KB

Linux (different system):
.a 277KB

The 5.1.4 .lib file that I got from LuaForWindows was 26KB which I had been using up till now.

So I don't have a clue what is the right size and what size should I expect. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any place I can download pre-build libraries for Lua 5.2.3, I didn't find them in LuaDist

Thanks,
Milind