I took a look and i like the idea. (I dont became familiar with the idea of luarocks) A a amateur programmer, who is coding tiny programs on Windows, here my two cents:

I would like to see a info:

- the module has build files for
-- unix/linux
-- cygwin
-- mingw
-- msvc (batchfile(s) named "build_<modulename>.cmd")

- module result:
-- pure lua code
-- dynamic lib (.so/.dll)
-- static lib

- email adress for bug reports and patches.

I would like to see those informations at lua-toolbox. lets say i pull a module not yet compiled using msvc, i see that and i can mail my self made build-files to the module maintainer.

greetings.
Ulrich Schmidt.