On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> I am not sure writing new forum software is a good idea.

While I agree with you in the sense that this is a very large wheel to
be reinventing, I unfortunately can't recommend any other existing
forum software because they all have major problems of some sense or
another. (If I *had* to recommend one, it'd probably be vBulletin, but
that's not free.)

> 20 requests per second is not that much, it should not be a problem for PHP.

For SHARED hosting that's a pretty heavy load! For dedicated hosting,
sure, that'd be no problem at all.

/s/ Adam