> It seems that length in bytes is used instead of length in characters.
>
> Judging from the code here, string is simply formatted using
> non-unicode-aware s[n]printf:
>
> https://github.com/LuaDist/slnunicode/blob/master/slnunico.c#L1227
>
> Is there some place better than the Lua ML where I can report this
> problem so it can be fixed? :-)

I don't know of any. The wiki points to
<http://luaforge.net/projects/sln/>. Peter has it in the LuaDist gist
but I don't know if he's accepting patches.
<https://github.com/LuaDist/slnunicode>.

I've been doing pretty well with the pure Lua UTF-8.lua library but
haven't fully exercised it.  You might give it a try.
<http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/utf8>.

The wiki mentions some other resources that I haven't tried near the
bottom of this page. <http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaUnicode>.

Best regards,

Paul