On Mar 10, 2013, at 1:27, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Throwing LuaBuild into the mix does not solve anything.
>
> Totally agree. It has a very specific mission, which is to build
> custom 5.2 executables with embedded Lua code.  By its nature as a
> single integrated custom build, it would not scale to the order of
> magnitude more packages that LuaDist builds.  My hope in fact is that
> LD acquires these features in due course.
>
> I do think that Andrew and you are basically in agreement, apart from
> the red herring ;)
>
> steve d.

Yes. Just to trample all of the dirt down on this, the vision/dream
workflow that I was badly articulating is:

I have a bunch of modules that I use in my project...

I'm done and it's awesome and I want to share. It's more of a
utility/application than it is a module, so not really good for LR...

I type `fluarocks build myproject`

It creates a "love-like" or "Mac app directory" like self contained
deliverable, complete with resource files and binaries, such as lua
(in a bin dir, with multiple platforms in there) and needed libs that
could not be statically linked (in libs and for multiple platforms)...

The root has the script for the OS, pointing at the right executable...

Maybe `luarocks make love`

I'm just dreaming here and I know that this is orthogonal to the post.

-Andrew