On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Thijs Schreijer
<thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
> Your solution solves a different problem though, I'm in for testing where
> you fix your code for distribution as runtime. I'm distributing through
> LuaRocks, hence test and debug code is always included.
>
> Makes me wonder whether LuaRocks actually has a notion of the type of
> installation it does?
> I could imagine several scenarios;
>  - runtime; all test and debug code removed possibly even compiled to
> bytecode on installation
>  - user; all test and debug code removed, source code with documentation
> installed
>  - developer; test and debug code remains, source distribution including
> documentation and testfiles
>
> anyway Thx for your input, my solution seems to be a common one then , so
> for now it will do.

No, it doesn't, but it's an interesting idea. The rockspec format
doesn't really know about tests and docs (early on I added a generic
"copy_directories" directive that people asked for, in order to deploy
docs, tests and the like); but it's something I keep in mind to
improve in a future revision.

-- Hisham